I've re-opened GERONIMO-3357 and have attached a test case which
demonstrates the problem.

             David Jencks
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             oo.com>                                                    To
                                       user@geronimo.apache.org
             07-30-2007 03:07                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Geronimo role security
             Please respond to
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                  che.org

As you can probably tell from my actions re GERONIMO-3357, I can't
reproduce this problem, and I even wrote a test app to look into it.
Can you compare what you are doing and the results you are getting to
the testsuite/enterprise-testsuite/sec-test app now present in g. 2.0
and trunk?

My experience is that to build the ear you have to run
mvn -Pchild
and then you can run the tests with

mvn

which runs the tests and then rebuilds the ear (???!?!!!?!??)

On Jul 26, 2007, at 12:01 PM, Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies wrote:

> Ok, the "hiccup" during EAR deployment goes away if the security
> realm is
> first deployed "system-wide" outside of the EAR.
>
> However, the TomcatGeronimoRealm still doesn't seem to access the
> run-as
> subject....
>

> David Jencks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 07-19-2007 12:24:21 PM:
>

>> On Jul 19, 2007, at 9:06 AM, Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies wrote:
>>
>>> The fake EAR did start ok.
>>>
>>> I can try deploying the realm as a plain GBean plan, but I'm not
>>> sure how
>>> to go about doing this as I've only been deploying J2EE modules to
>>> this
>>> point (EAR, WAR, etc.).  Is there some good documentation on how to
>>> deploy
>>> a plain GBean to the 2.0 server according to a plan file?
>>
>> What ought to work, although I haven't checked it in a very very long
>> time is...
>>
>> 1. copy the dependency jars into appropriate places in the
>> geronimo repo
>> 2a. deploy using the command line deployer just listing the plan
>> or
>> 2b. deploy using the console only filling in the plan box
>>
>> If either one of these doesn't work we should fix it before 2.0 IMO.
>>
>> thanks
>> david jencks
>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Aman
>>>

>>> David Jencks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 07-18-2007
>>> 05:00:23 PM:

in>>>> the>> jettty console plan gives you admin console
>> permissions
-->