On Aug 22, 2007, at 11:50 AM, David Jencks wrote:

On Aug 22, 2007, at 1:59 AM, Damien Barthe wrote:

Hello,
thanks for the tip.
I try to put the spring lib and the spring app into the /lib directory of the EAR. I also try to "install" these JAR in Geronimo (it put the lib in the "repository")...and unfortunately the 2 webapps continue to have a
different instance of the Service...
(NB : I use geronimo v1.1.1 . Perhaps it's not possible with this version. I
try with the v2 but I've some problem in the deployement of the EAR)

The lib directory in ear definitely only works with geronimo 2. If you try with geronimo 2.0.1 what goes wrong?
http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/2.0.1/

I gave the app a try on 2.0.1. It's running into a Spring conflict on Jetty. Something else is going on in Tomcat. I'll create a deployment plan for Jetty. May need to look a bit more at Tomcat...

--kevan

If you need to stick with g 1.1.1 then I believe if you put the lib jars in the repository and add them as dependencies in geronimo- application.xml to the ear's environement (NOT both of the web-app environments) the classes should be loaded in the ear classloader and you should get only one copy of spring.