Thanks for the quick reply David.

If I understand you, I need to have a <security-realm-name> section
defined in each webapps geronimo-web.xml without a <security> section
defined, and then have a <security> section defined in the EAR.  This
would mean no changes to the web.xml for either app.  Where does this go
in the EAR?  The geronimo-application.xml? I'll check on the syntax:)

For future reference, do all the EAR's webapps need to utilize the same
realm, or can each webapp have its own relm?