How are you stopping Geronimo? If you are stopping it from Eclipse then it could be that Eclipse is not shutting down the server "nicely".

Best wishes,
Paul

On Nov 5, 2007, at 1:37 PM, Mark Aufdencamp wrote:

Thanks for the look guys.

It may be part of my development environment.  I'm using G1.1.1 with
MyEclipse 5.1.1 on Eclipse 3.2.2 on WXP and OS X.  When I Undeploy my
app, the context listener cleans up properly. However, when I stop the
server, it doesn't.

I also have G2.0.2 with MyEclipse 6.0.1/Eclipse 3.3 on Ubuntu for new
development/migration and G1.1.1 on W2K3 as a production server.

My guess is a problem with MyEclipse.  I'll test them all and get back
to you:)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS/FEEDBACK] Usability improvements to Geronimo
From: Paul McMahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, November 05, 2007 1:08 pm
To: user@geronimo.apache.org

I am not able to recreate this problem in Geronimo 1.1.1 or Geronimo
2.0.2.   Can you provide some more details about your application or
attach a sample to a JIRA?

My test listener looks like:

package test;
import javax.servlet.ServletContextEvent;
import javax.servlet.ServletContextListener;

public class MyListener implements ServletContextListener {
     public void contextDestroyed(ServletContextEvent arg0) {
         System.out.println("!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Context
destroyed " + arg0);
     }
     public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent arg0) {
         System.out.println("!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Context
initialized " + arg0);
     }
}

and my web.xml looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app id="WebApp_ID" version="2.4" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/
ns/j2ee" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee http://
java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd">
        <display-name>
        atest</display-name>
         <listener>
         <listener-class>test.MyListener</listener-class>
     </listener>
</web-app>

When I shut down the server via "bin/geronimo.sh stop" or CTRL-C I see:

Server shutdown begun
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Context destroyed
javax.servlet.ServletContextEvent
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Server shutdown completed

Best wishes,