XGuy wrote:
When I use shutdown.bat I am asked for a username: I type in "admin" and then I type in my password when prompted for it and
then the screen goes away in a flash. I do not know what those exceptions
are. I take a look at the Geronimo startup screen and Geronimo is still running.
I look at geronimo.log and still find nothing that I can relate to this
problem.

This is looking for the geronimo admin id/pw. If you haven't updated this yet then the default id is "system" and the default password is "manager".

Joe

XGuy wrote:
Hi
I have never been able to get Geronimo to shut down gracefully with 1) shutdown.bat
2) Ctrl-C throws a lot of exceptions before shutting down.

I am new to Geronimo. Is there anything I don't know about starting and
shutting down Geronimo.