On Mar 19, 2008, at 4:24 PM, ApolloX wrote:

djencks wrote:

It would be a lot easier for us to investigate and possibly fix this
in a more current geronimo version such as 2.1.

I would like to but as I've mentioned in previous posts, the 'untested' support for CMP2 using JPA in 2.X versions of Geronimo leaves my application
running at speeds 100s of times slower than they currently run at.

I talked with dain about this a little bit and his experience is that except for a couple of not-too-frequent and fixable situations (involving collections???) the jpa-based cmp2s are faster than the tranql ones in geronimo 1.x. Dain doesn't look at this mailing list much any more so I suggest you ask about this on the openejb lists.

djencks wrote:

While this is almost certainly a bug -- you should only be able to
access unchecked methods from a mdb without additional configuration
-- I think there is a way to configure a default principal or default subject or default role that would supply the missing Subject.

I've checked, there is a message context, but I'm guessing its a context on another layer thats broken. Interestingly, I can make session bean calls using a transaction from within the MDB, so right now I have the MDB taking to local session bean that can access entity objects. Not a great solution,
but it works.

Can you post a stack trace?

I think I remember that in 2.x I have an empty, registered Subject so that there is always a "unauthenticated" user with no checked permissions, and that I added this so you wouldn't get into situations like this. Can you show your security configuration in the openejb-jar.xml? It might help to see if something can be configured as a default subject.

View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/ NullPointerException-by-MDB-in-getCurrentContext%28%29- tp16144723s134p16161205.html Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.