On 07/10/2010, at 7:08 AM, Rene Groeschke wrote:

> [...]
>
> ------------------
> uploadArchives {
> repositories.mavenDeployer {
> configuration = configurations.archives
> repository(url: "http://localhost:8081/nexus/content/repositories/test";) {
> authentication(userName: "admin", password: "admin123")
> }
> pom.project {
> name 'GroovyCSV'
> packaging 'jar' // not working
> description 'Library for parsing csv in Groovy'
> url 'http://github.com/xlson/groovycsv'
> inceptionYear '2010'
>
> scm {
> url 'http://github.com/xlson/groovycsv'
> connection 'http://github.com/xlson/groovycsv'
> }
>
> licenses {
> license {
> name 'The Apache Software License, Version 2.0'
> url 'http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt'
> distribution 'repo'
> }
> }
>
> developers {
> developer {
> id 'donald'
> name 'donald duck'
> email 'don...@duck.org'
> url 'http://www.donaldduck.org'
> organization 'acme'
> organizationUrl 'http://acme.org'
> roles{
> role 'architect'
> }
> timezone '-6'
> }
> }
> }
> }
> }
> ------------------
> I've detected two problems with the setup above:
>
> 1. It seems that gradle (or Ivy?) has a problem with the packaging
> information. The model during the build is updated correctly, but it
> seems that the info is never written into the pom.xml.
>
> 2. Using the defined developer informations above, the resulting pom
> snippet is:
>
> -----
> <developers>
> <developer>
> <id>donald</id>
> <name>donald duck</name>
> <email>don...@duck.org</email>
> <url>http://duck.org</url>
> <organization>org.apache.maven.model.organizat...@4532b038</organization>
> <organizationUrl>http://acme.org</organizationUrl>
> <roles>
> <role>architect</role>
> </roles>
> <timezone>-6</timezone>
> </developer>
> </developers>
> -----
>
> As you can see the organization isn't displayed correctly. It seems the
> builder used to create that pom mixes up the organization model of
> project with the plain string "organization" property of developer.
>
> Maybe Adam or Hans know a workaround to get your upload running!?

It looks like both those issues are problems in the maven code that Gradle uses
to do the pom generation. Gradle passes the correct packaging to the maven
code. When the packaging is 'jar', the maven code ignores the packaging as it
generates the pom. For the organisation, there seems to be a problem in the
maven polygot configuration code, so that the organisation is set to the string
value of project.organization instead of 'acme'

Here's what I ended up with, with some workaround for both those problems:

configure(install.repositories.mavenInstaller) {
    pom.project {
        name 'GroovyCSV'
//        packaging 'jar'
        description 'Library for parsing csv in Groovy'
        url 'http://github.com/xlson/groovycsv'
        inceptionYear '2010'

        scm {
            url 'http://github.com/xlson/groovycsv'
            connection 'http://github.com/xlson/groovycsv'
        }

        licenses {
            license {
                name 'The Apache Software License, Version 2.0'
                url 'http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt'
                distribution 'repo'
            }
        }

        developers {
            developer {
                id 'donald'
                name 'donald duck'
                email 'don...@duck.org'
                url 'http://www.donaldduck.org'
                organization = 'acme' // <-- note we use assignment here
                organizationUrl 'http://acme.org'
                roles {
                    role 'architect'
                }
                timezone '-6'
            }
        }
    }

    // Mess with the generated xml to add the packaging back in
    // This could probably be cleaner, if I knew the Groovy xml classes better
    pom.withXml { XmlProvider xmlProvider ->
        def xml = xmlProvider.asString()
        def pomXml = new XmlParser().parse(new
ByteArrayInputStream(xml.toString().bytes))

        pomXml.version[0] + { packaging('jar') }

        def newXml = new StringWriter()
        def printer = new XmlNodePrinter(new PrintWriter(newXml))
        printer.preserveWhitespace = true
        printer.print(pomXml)
        xml.setLength(0)
        xml.append(newXml.toString())
    }
}

If you want, you could raise some JIRA issues for these problems.

--
Adam Murdoch
Gradle Developer