I think there will be soon a solution to this problem. The Artifactory guys
are working on a much improved Ivy cache. They have already a Gradle fork
running with that cache:
http://repo.jfrog.org/artifactory/webapp/builds/gradle-wharf-head

This cache has many advantages, including better performance, concurrency,
metadata per resolver, no wrong error messages and less clutter.

We will provide more details on this soon.

Hans

--
Hans Dockter
Founder, Gradle