On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 10:08 AM, Mathias Kalb <mathias.k...@prodato.de>wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> that was one of my presumptions, but I didn't tested it yet. Thank you.
>
> I used the version matcher '+' because I don't want to check, if there
> exists a new bugfix version.
>
> Maven has a plugin which checks for new versions.
>
> I voted for this issue: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRADLE-774
>
> And I hope you can optimize the following things someday.
>
> 1. If a task which need dependencies (compileJava, compileJavaTest, test)
> has no input, then the resolving of the dependencies can be skipped.

The classpath is an input to the compile task. A modified classpath is a
trigger for a recompile.

> 2. If the dependencies are resolved for the compileJava tasks, then the
> result can be used for the compileJavaTest task.

We can't reuse it necessarily. For example their might be a different
version conflict resolution.

compile:
a -> b-0.1 results in [a, b-0.1]

testCompile:
c -> b-0.2 results in [a, c, b-0.2]

I think we just need to make it fast enough. And we will.

> 3. Enhance the profile report with the follwing two durations:
> Ivy/Maven/Dependency
> UP-TO-DATE check (reading, calculating, writing).

Good idea.

Hans

--
Hans Dockter