Merlyn,

You made my Saturday a better day... Thanks man!!! I had read about that,
but did not try... I got a better view of it with tokenize() and "<<" to
better maintain the commands separate... Trying to make this more intuitive
for users (who will eventually maintain a VERY large build system for cloud
boxes)...

def checkout = "su - $username bash -c".tokenize() << "svn checkout
http://programming-artifacts.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
/workspaces/$username/pa"
        println "Checking out: $checkout"
        def proc = checkout.execute()
        //proc.waitFor()
        proc.in.eachLine { line ->
                println line
        }
        if (proc.exitValue() != 0) {
                println "stderr: ${proc.err.text}"
                println "stdout: ${proc.in.text}"
        }

At least with this I can see the output of the svn checkout command and
output the error in case anything happens...

thanks a lot!!!

Marcello