Hi Joern,

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 6:52 PM, Joern Huxhorn <jhuxh...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> This is a repost of a mail from 2011-08-20. All of the mentioned issues
> are still open. I'd consider fixing the first three rather critical before
> releasing a 1.0 GA.
>
> There are some issues that I'd really like to see fixed before 1.0 is
> released.
>
> The most important ones are all variations of the same general problem:
> GRADLE-1298 - Change in filtered resource not picked up by archive tasks
> GRADLE-1646 - Copy tasks do not consider filter/expansion properties in
> up-to-date checks
> GRADLE-1276 - processResources task considered up-to-date although its spec
> has changed

Those are all very important bugs.

> I consider these quite crucial since they cause a certain distrust in the
> intelligence of the whole Gradle UP-TO-DATE detection - one of the biggest
> and most important Gradle feature.
> The 1.0 release will likely spark a broader adoption by people that care
> about a non-zero major version. I'd rather do an M6 and M7 than  release
> Gradle with this feature in a broken state.

I agree. We don't want a broken state. I should have been clearer in the
forum posting. We will continue on our way to 1.0 to fix bugs in various
areas. So fixing those doesn't mean we  Thanks to the forum, I could update
this :)

> Also on my personal list - ordered by importance - are
> GRADLE-971  - fileMode not working for the copy task
> GRADLE-443  - Generated POM dependencies do not respect custom artifactIds

This is quite a pain. In particular as it conflicts with how to do the
naming of the projects, for example if you want hierarchical project names
but non hierarchical artifact names. For example the project
spring-integration/ftp with an artifact spring-integration-ftp. As you
probably know you can manually fix this with customizing the pom. But it
should just work. I don't think we will fix this for 1.0 though as the
solution we envision for this is part of an overall improvement on how to
publish stuff.

> GRADLE-1200 - Generated POM does not contain packaging, organization is
> simply org.apache.maven.model.Organization.toString()

The ironical thing here is that we use native Maven code from the polyglot
Maven project to build the pom. So this would involve either fixing their
code base or using our own builder for the pom. Therefore I don't think a
fix will make it into 1.0.

Again, many thanks for your feedback.

Hans

--