Yes. We think that would be a great feature.

I had recently a chat about this with Stefan Wolf, a Jenkins committer.

Here is why we think that would be a cool feature:

- CI Jobs are version controlled (specified in the build script). So for
example you can set them easily up for older versions.
- You may have many jobs per project. They may vary over time. You might
have for example multiple jobs just for executing a set of integration tests
to use the distribution feature of Jenkins. You might have one just for
compiling (in some large projects), one for unit tests, .... You also might
have multiple branches living on Jenkins. So being able to automize the
Jenkins set up may save a lot of time to some projects. Think also about
short lived feature branches with Git.

Hans

--
Hans Dockter