In my case, I have all the log events stored in HDFS/hbase in this format:

timestamp | priority | category | message body

Given I have only 4 fields here, that limits my queries to only against
these four. I am thinking about more advanced search like full text search
the message body. well, mainly substring query against message body.

   1.

   Has anybody tried to use Hbase SubstringComparator? How does it perform,
   with reasonable huge amount of data, can it still provide us the real time
   response capability?
   2.

   In my case, does it make more sene to use a proper full text search
   engine(lucene/solr/elasticsearch) to index the message body, does that
   sound like a better idea?

would be great someone experienced can share some stories here.

-Shengjie Min