Thanks JD and Shumin for the responses.

I realized that this chain is getting longer and longer and I've tried
many different things in an between. I will clean out every previous
installs and start a fresh one with the newest version following your
instructions step by step. Hopefully that will work.

thanks again for all your time,

Jason