Hi there-

If you're absolutely new to Hbase, you might want to check out the Hbase
refGuide in the architecture, performance, and troubleshooting chapters
first.

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html

In terms of determining why your region servers "just die", I think you
need to read the background information then provide more information on
your cluster and what you're trying to do because although there are a lot
of people on this dist-list that want to help, you're not giving folks a
whole lot to go on.