Hi David,

Have you changed anything on the configurations related to compactions?

If there are more store files created and if the compactions are not run
frequently we end up in this problem.  Atleast there will be a consistent
increase in the file handler count.

Could you run compactions manually to see if it helps?

Regards
Ram