Most of the clients listed below are language specific, so if your
benchmarking scripts are written in JAVA, you are better off running the
java client.
HBase Shell is more for running something interactive, not sure how you
plan to benchmark that.
REST is something that you could use, but I can't comment on it's
performance since I have
HappyBase is for python.
Kundera, can't comment since I have not used it.

You can look at AsyncHBase, if you don't mind wrapping your head around it.
But it's a bigger rewrite since the API is not compatible with existing
client.

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 11:25 PM, Pradeep Kumar Mantha <pradeep...@gmail.com