Thanks, JM
It seems like the sole difference btwn major and minor compaction is the
number of files (to be all or just a subset of storefiles). It mentioned
very briefly in
http://hbase.apache.org/book<http://hbase.apache.org/book/regions.arch.html>that
"Sometimes a minor compaction will ... promote itself to being a major
compaction". What does "sometime" exactly mean here? or any policy in HBase
that allow application to specify when to promote a minor compaction to be
a major (like user or some monitoring service can specify now is offpeak
time?)
Yun