Howdy,
     I want to take a look at a MR job which seems to be slower than I had
hoped. Mind you, this MR job is only running on a pseudo-distributed VM
(cloudera cdh4).

I have modified my mapred-site.xml with the following (that last one is
commented out because it crashes my MR job):

  <property>
    <name>mapred.task.profile</name>
    <value>true</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>mapred.task.profile.maps</name>
    <value>0-2</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>mapred.task.profile.reduces</name>
    <value>0-2</value>
  </property>
  <!--property>
    <name>mapred.task.profile.params</name>

<value>agentlib:hprof=cpu=samples,heap=sites,depth=6,force=n,thread=y,verbose=n,file=%s</value>
  </property-->
Are there any resources that explain how to interpret the results?
Or maybe an open-source app that could help display the results in a more
intuiative manner?

Ideally, we'd want to know where we are spending most of our time.

Cheers,

David