Hi folks,

I just wanted to give a shout out to the Phoenix framework, and specifically
for the ability to create "view" against an HBase table whose schema was not
being managed by Phoenix.  That's a really nice feature and I'm not sure how
many folks realize this.  I was initially nervous that this was only for data
created with Phoenix, but that's not the case, so if you're looking for a
lightweight framework for SQL-on-HBase I'd check it out.  For this particular
scenario it's probably better for ad-hoc data exploration, but often that's
what people are looking to do.

Doug Meil
Chief Software Architect, Explorys
doug.m...@explorysmedical.com