If it is just a metrics issue then HBASE-22784 won't help. I guess the
problem is that the replication lag is calculated by comparing the
current time and the time when we ship the last edit, so if there is
no new edit, the replication lag will keep growing.

Looking at the current code

https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/dae078e5bc342012b49cd066027eb53ae9a21280/hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/replication/regionserver/MetricsSource.java#L341

  public long getReplicationDelay() {
    if (getTimestampOfLastShippedOp() >= timeStampNextToReplicate) {
      return 0;
    } else {
      return EnvironmentEdgeManager.currentTime() - timeStampNextToReplicate;
    }
  }

It has a if condition to check whether there are actual edits to
replicate to avoid false alarming, which is added by HBASE-21505.

The code for branch-1.4 is completely different, and since all hbase
1.x version have been EOL for quite some time, I'm not sure what is
the easier way to fix the problem, maybe you need to read the code a
bit more carefully to see how to add the above check in 1.x code line.

Thanks.

Valli <kmanimeka...@gmail.com> 于2023年8月17日周四 23:14写道: