I have two steps like this with a examples table where the values are
defined:

Given the account data of <debitAccount> is known
Given the account data of <creditAccount> is known

First I tried this in the step class method for the two steps above:

@Given("the account data of $debitAccount is known")

It works only for the first of the two steps. But the second step gets
value "<creditAccount" passed into the method instead of the actual value
from the examples table.

So I changed the annotation to be like this:

@Given("the account data of $acount is known")

But this does not work for both steps above since "<debitAccount>" and
"<creditAccount>" is passed into the method instead of the actual values.

Then I tried it with an alias:

@Given("the account data of <debitAccount> is known")
@Alias("the account data of <creditAccount> is known")

The result was that the story failed without showing me why (no exception
or any meaningful message).

I tried also some other things with no success. I use JBehave 3.9 by the
way.

Can you please tell me the solution?