I use Eclipse Kepler and changed the JBehave story language from "en" to
"de" in the project settings (not in the Eclipse preferences). I enabled
project specific settings for my project in the JBehave project preferences.

I supposed that this is saved in a [projectfolder]/.settings in a ".conf"
file. But as it seems it is not persisted there.

Because of that I cannot check that into the Subversion code repository.
Everyone who checks this project out has to configure the story language
because this setting is not contained in any .prefs file in the .settings
folder.

What seems to be persisted is only that project specific settings are
enabled for JBehave preferences. But the chosen story language is not
persisted.

Is it not meant to be persisted?