Hi Everett:
Thanks for the link, esp the [2].
Since we are on the Cinder topic, i see that the nova CLI is able to do:

$ nova boot --flavor <flavor> --block_device_mapping

see link below:
http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/content/boot_from_volume.html

Just wonder if you have any code sample to do this with JCloud's API or
point me in the direction how to do this.

Thanks,
BK