People,

I am very happy to announce the release of Neo4j 1.0-b9. It's available here:

  http://neo4j.org/download
  http://dist.neo4j.org/neo-1.0-b9-binary.zip
  http://dist.neo4j.org/neo-1.0-b9-binary.tar.gz

For maven users group / artifact id:
org.neo4j / neo-1.0-b9

This release includes some new features such as:

  o New 'batch insert' mode, see
http://wiki.neo4j.org/content/Batch_Insert, typically used for initial
import of bulk data.
  o Read only transactions have been optimized to have much less overhead.
  o New cache implementation based on soft references, which employs
faster gets and is more concurrent and memory efficient.
  o A "Windows mode" that uses plain Java buffers instead of mmap().
  o Expanded id space for all primitives by adding one more bit.
  o OSGi enabled [thanks Andreas Kollegger]

Here is the changelog: http://dist.neo4j.org/CHANGES.txt

Also together with this release we have released new versions of most
of our component flora including:

graph-algo 0.1 (common graph algorithms)
graph-matching 0.5 (find defined patterns within the graph)
index-util 0.7 (integration with Lucene to provide indexing)
neo-component-commons 0.2 (collection utilities)
neo-meta 0.5 (define a meta model for your graph)
neo-rdf 0.4 (rdf triple/quad store built on top of Neo4j)
neo-rdf-sail 0.3 (exposes a neo-rdf store through the Sesame sail API)
neo-utils 1.0-b9 (useful Neo4j utilities)
online-backup 0.2 (perform backups on your running Neo4j instance)
remote-neo 0.2 (connect remotely to your running Neo4j instance)

There is also a new release of the Shell (shell 1.0-b9) and the Apoc
bundle (apoc 0.2).

Regards,
-Johan