Javier,
great work with the Python bindings! I can't answer for all of the
questions, but trying inline. I think the core guys might have some
more insights here.

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 9:46 PM, Javier de la Rosa <ver...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, at first congratulations for the new GA release of Neo4j.
> Really great job.
>
> I'm now developing the support for indexes and I have changed a bit
> the compatibility with neo4j.py due to currently it doesn't work with
> nodes indexes neither relationships indexes.
> But I have some related questions:
> 1. How can I remove an index?
Removing an index is a good catch, I don't think there is a method for
completely removing an Index right now. We should add that for 1.4
since this is really a bug in the API unless I am missing something
here.

> 2. Would it be possible, when I get the info of a node, also provide
> the indexes in which the node has been indexed?
Not really, as Indicies are independent XA resources from the kernel.
You can loop through the existing indexes and check if the node is in
there, but I imagine that is a costly operation. Mattias, is there any
easy way to do this? If yes, we could add it as an extension or
directly into the Node-representation I think.

> 3. What it happens if I remove a node that it's already indexed? Is it
> removed from the index too?
Same here. If you don't include a node-removal from the index in the
same transaction, the index is going to be stale. All of the above
behaviors are target for an "auto-index" feature that would help you
with this - also for 1.4 planned.

> 4. What's the real difference between the query exact method and the
> advanced query? I mean, using only the advanced query, are you able to
> query in exact mode?
It is referring to the exposure of the get vs. query interface of the
Index API, see
http://components.neo4j.org/neo4j/1.3/apidocs/org/neo4j/graphdb/index/Index.html
.

Thanks so much for the feedback! This is very valuable input for the
next cycles. Keep it coming Javier!

/peter