Aseem,
did you make sure you have enabled autoindexing,
http://docs.neo4j.org/chunked/snapshot/auto-indexing.html#auto-indexing-config?

I just added default config in the servers neo4j.properties files, it's the
same in 1.5, see
https://github.com/neo4j/packaging/commit/15a71269f10286f69031c0c939a8c324097a041ffor
the right keys.

Does that work?

Cheers,

/peter neubauer

G:  neubauer.peter
S:  peter.neubauer
P:  +46 704 106975
L:   http://www.linkedin.com/in/neubauer
T:   @peterneubauer

Neo4j 1.6 released                 - dzone.com/6S4K
The Neo4j Heroku Challenge   - http://neo4j-challenge.herokuapp.com/