Hi everyone,

I want to have neo4j standalone server running as a service on a Fedora 16 VM.
I can start the server without any problems from the cmdline (/bin/neo4j start)

The neo4j install obviously does not work because it uses update-rc.d
with is a Debian thing. So I replaced it with the Fedora equivalent:
chkconfig --add ${SERVICE_NAME}
The service gets installed and written into /etc/rc.d/init.d and
/etc/rc.d/rcX.d. (written into as in symbolic link to the neo4j
object)
using chkconfig I can see that the service is registered to be ON on
runlevel 3-5.
I can also start it from there (including through systemd: sudo
systemctl start neo4j-service.service)

When I reboot the machine though nothing happens. The server is not
started and there is nothing written into the
$NEO4J_HOME/data/log/*.log messages. Also nothing pops up in
/var/log/messages or /var/log/boot.log or dmesg.
After the reboot I can without any problems start the server again.

Am I missing something obvious here?

best regards,

Georg