Hi Michael,

The error message is incorrect. Or more accurately, it is one in a set of error messages and the Eclipse UI is only showing you this one. The root cause of the installation failure is being hidden due to an Eclipse bug.

I'm not sure what is already installed in your Eclipse, so it is difficult for me to diagnose this.

Anyhow, a couple of thoughts.

First, make sure that "Include items that are already installed" is not checked on the first screen.

Then, only select M2Eclipse in the tree. The eclipse update manager will automatically install any needed dependencies, you don't need to check them.

Alternatively, if you don't mind starting with a clean Eclipse, the following should work:

1) Add the following update sites:
    http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/update
    http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.4.x/
    http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ajdt/34/update