Mesos uses Google Logging[0] and, according to the documentation there, the
VLOG(n) calls are only logged if a variable GLOG_v=m (where n > m) is
configured when running Mesos (the other suggested way, using --v=m won't
work for mesos).

Having said that, I have recently been unable to make this work - so there
may be some other trickery at work.

[0] https://google-glog.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/doc/glog.html

--
*Marco Massenzio*