Mattias Stahre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Noticed something about google analytics, like google ads there are very
> often pages on midgard-project.org stands still and loads and loads and
> loads and loads from google analytics. I do belive their servers is
> somewhat overloaded. I've got serveral pagetimouts related to just
> google analytics to. Well it's a good idea but feel more and more that
> it is slowing down the midgard-project site ALOT...
>
> And I don't feel like it so fun to wait for a webpage to load forever
> and forever and... :/
>
> Does anyone else have this problem?

I have noticed the same on http://www.midgard-project.org/ - that it
shows that it's loading something from Google Analytics. I am not sure
of how Javascript is handled with browsers, but I'd think that it
wouldn't be stopping the browser from rendering the page layout even if
it's not getting the remote Javascript immediately.

Then again, I run the same tracker on sites http://www.pyha.fi/ and
http://www.luosto.fi/ and I haven't noticed change in their performance
due to this tracker. The slowness of these sites is due to something
completely different.

Midgard website has always been quite slow to load - an issue that is
definetly not good for advertising it as a CMS.

I don't know if the average load has been increasing much on the website
itself or if it is that Javascript that is affecting.

--
Adrenalin