From: Gora Mohanty <g...@mimirtech.com>
To: user <user@nutch.apache.org>
Sent: Wed, Jan 5, 2011 10:20 am
Subject: Re: unnecessary results in search

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 11:25 PM,  <alx...@aim.com> wrote:

> I do search directly in Nutch version 1-2.

> I think google gives very low scores to subpages of a domain and higher
> scores

to other domains for a given keyword.

That is possible, though I am not sure why the situation is different with

non-popular domains.

> This must be so because if  mydomain.com has let say 2000 subpages then in
> the

search result for keyword mydomain.com  the next 200 pages all will be subpages

of mydomain.com.

> If someone could direct me to the part of the source code where Nutch gives

scores to pages I can take a look to it.

If you are using Nutch for search also, I am afraid that someone else

will have to help you. I have no experience there.

Regards,

Gora