Should we put a warning in the instructions in the cmssite that the
setup component is not working? (it probably won't be working for a
while without any development effort focused on it?)

http://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/cmssite/cms/APACHE_OFBIZ_HTML#N20094

A warning on 10.04 would be very important, particularly as 10.04 is
heading towards being stable.