Is it possible to extend an eca?  For example, when an order is
completed, I would like to call another service.  There is already an
OOTB eca:

    <eca service="changeOrderItemStatus" event="commit">
        <condition field-name="statusId" operator="equals"
value="ITEM_COMPLETED"/>
        <action service="checkOrderItemStatus" mode="sync"/>
    </eca>

I can't see a way to extend this, should I just place a duplicate eca
definition in mycomponent, e.g.

    <eca service="changeOrderItemStatus" event="commit">
        <condition field-name="statusId" operator="equals"
value="ITEM_COMPLETED"/>
        <action service="checkOrderItemStatus" mode="sync"/>
        <action service="myCustomerService" mode="sync"/>
    </eca>

Will this duplicate definition override the OOTB one?

Many thanks,

Chris