It sounds like you speaking of Ofbiz as a finished product, in which
case I agree with you first paragraph. However Ofbiz is not a finished
product and is meant for Consultants to setup for end users. The
consultant should know this information and make the application they
setup for their client fully secure.

Confusing about sa...@domain.com. If she is sending emails with this
email address, through ofbiz then it is gotten from the Primary email
address of the contactmech not the login. and ofbiz recieved those
emails and puts them in her party communications.
the login should not be sa...@domain.com since the email would be sent
to her account in ofbiz and she could not access it. it should be
sa...@otherdomain.com like yahoo or qmail.com. This would reduce someone
from knowing her login.

There are some condition that allow not sensing or resetting the
password. They are in the Security.properties. look at the code in
LoginEvents.emailPassword()

Mike sent the following on 8/3/2011 11:07 PM: