I've tried dozens of time to get sending emails in OFBiz to work. Somehow it
just doesn't work. I've tried it with Version 11, 12 and now 13. I've tried
using OSX and Ubuntu, JDK 6 and 7.

I've added my mailserver data under framework/common/general.properties. Then i
started a new OFBiz install using load-extseed and create-admin-user-login.

Then i added a new party and tried to send an email to it. Somehow the Select
Box named "From Email Addr" is totally empty and nothing is selectable. Using
the demo data, there is the default email address. But with a clean install
nothing shows up there, no matter what i configure in the admin or my own
company account.

After sending the mail, nothing happens. What can i do?