Good morning!

Let me share our experiences running ofbiz in a ofbiz tenant environment with completely independent companies in separate databases.
We did this for about 2-3 years where we patched ofbiz to have:
1. multiple url's for a single tenant
2. add tenants without restart
3. a number of menus to add/disable tenants, delete and reload data and make and restore backups. 4.We also had a way to enable certain components in hot-deploy for a specific tenant.

This tenant component is not maintained any more but is still available at: https://gerrit.antwebsystems.com/#/admin/projects/tenant

However, although it worked, it needed a lot of maintenance and monitoring and got too complicated.

So, we now switched to a docker environment where we use ofbiz in a docker container which is used in demo and production. Every company has its own ofbiz docker image which is automatically built and installed in production from Git once a day when there were changes in the repository.(our GrowERP continuous everything platform) Now it is much easier to have specific changes for specific companies. Further scaling application servers is now much easier.
This is now running for over a year and is much easier to maintain.

All software required to run this setup is open source and can be found at our gerrit.antwebsystems.com git repository as source; compiled versions at https://www.growerp.com/control/main?contentId=GROWERP_DEMO

Regards,
Hans Bakker

CEO antwebsystems.com