Thanks Scott for the link :)

It completely makes sense to me now with what David said there.

They are intentionally not used in other parts of the project as validation
> is
> best in the logic layer, and not in the data layer

If those field types serve no purpose then it is better to remove them
to avoid any future confusions.

Can I start working towards it then?

Thanks & Regards,
Aditya Sharma