The assertion in https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9431352/vaadin-vs-bootstrap that Vaadin is desktop-only appears to be wrong. The notice for the discontinuation of the TouchKit add-on for Vaadin (https://vaadin.com/blog/-/blogs/touchkit-is-dead-long-live-touchkit) cites Vaadin's improving support for mobile as the reason for discontinuing the add-on.

Obviously we need OFBiz to be usable on both desktops (think back-office users) and mobiles (think warehouse, fleet operations, POS, road warriors, etc.)

There's at least one add-on to use Bootstrap with Vaadin (https://vaadin.com/directory#!addon/vaadstrap).

Disclaimer: my total experience with Vaadin is installing it once or twice.

        Richard.

Rishi Solanki wrote:
Team,

I have gone thru the basic tutorial
<https://vaadin.com/docs/-/part/framework/tutorial.html> and setup vaadin
at my machine to understand and compare it with bootstrap.
Found this is very effective library to build UI as per our requirement.
But it won't give control over HTML and CSS, rather it generates the it.

The UI behavior can be override but we won't have the full control over the
markup and css generated. Also discussion on google says it has limit to
develop only the desktop application or ui. With all these details I'm also
agree with Julien, Taher and Jacques on fact we should have theme uses
vaadin, bootstrap and any other ui framework in future.

Here is good reference:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9431352/vaadin-vs-bootstrap

Rishi Solanki
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.