On Aug 29, 2006, at 9:35 AM, Daniel del Río wrote:

I'm not using tiles views, only clay templates (as far I know clay templates haven't any relation to tiles, isn't?

No, not inherently.

[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '2' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)' ERROR tiles.TilesViewHandler - Tiles error org.apache.tiles.FactoryNotFoundException: Can't get definitions factory from context. at org.apache.tiles.TilesUtilImpl.getDefinition(TilesUtilImpl.java: 227)
at org.apache.tiles.TilesUtil.getDefinition(TilesUtil.java:183)
at org.apache.shale.tiles.TilesViewHandler.getTile (TilesViewHandler.java:263)

So, do you have either the TilesServlet or TilesListener configured in your webapp? Do you have any tiles definitions file? Do you have context parameters pointing to the tiles config file?

If any of the above answers is "no" you will probably get this error. Perhaps we could do a better job of explaining the problem in the error message.

Greg