i am using tiles-core 2.0 snapsot and i have the nightly builds of shale as well

From: Greg Reddin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: user@shale.apache.org
Subject: Re: new to shale tiles
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 11:41:38 -0600

On Nov 8, 2006, at 11:34 AM, David Geary wrote:

2006/11/8, Jonathan Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

added the space and the flush false now i get a

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError
        org.apache.shale.tiles.TilesViewHandler.dispatchToTile(
TilesViewHandler.java:304)
        org.apache.shale.tiles.TilesViewHandler.renderView(
TilesViewHandler.java:160)
        org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(
LifecycleImpl.java:384)
        javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java: 138)
org.apache.shale.application.faces.ShaleApplicationFilter.doFilter
(ShaleApplicationFilter.java:267)

what does this mean?

It means you're screwed. 8-)

That's essentially a linkage error (see the javadocs). I suspect you somehow
have incompatible JARs. It looks like you're trying to call the Tiles
ComponentContext, but that class is not what the compiler is  expecting.

What version of Tiles are you using? You must use the standalone version of
Tiles with Shale.

You're probably using a version of Standalone Tiles that is not compatible with the TilesViewHandler. As Antonio said, Tiles is undergoing some major changes as we speak. I think we've found some temporary stability in the snapshot version so if you update everything from the Shale-Tiles trunk you should be able to get it going.

Greg

Try Search Survival Kits: Fix up your home and better handle your cash with Live Search! http://imagine-windowslive.com/search/kits/default.aspx?kit=improve&locale=en-US&source=hmtagline