I have read you comments which stems across cultural, education, I agree on
with the issue of having choices which means there has to be a change in they
way we teach in college, supposingly you got to a college and with whatever
arrangement they made with company xyz you do come out knowing just xyz
products and your skills may or may not be applicable to company abc. From the
Novice point of view there he didnt have any choice but to adapt

Craig McClanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Sorry if this offends, but this
post made me *really* unhappy.

On 6/21/07, paksegu
wrote:
> Frankly is becoming difficult for us novice to master, is there any way we
> can just stick to one tool, one framework that we would be able to acomplish
> everything in the java ee stack?

Many companies would very much like you to believe the answer to your
question is "sure ... here's my XYZ framework and it will do
everything you could ever want." If you like following the crowd,
that's a reasonable path. If you want to believe that the authors of
framework XYZ, BigCompany ABC (whatever their actual name is) does
*not* know everything about what *you* need (or, more likely, doesn't
care at all), then you need to take the responsibility to decide for
yourself what the correct path is.

Do you *really* want "one framework" in this particular use case? If
so, what's the difference between that and having "one company"
deciding what software you should run on your PC (or even your
personal music player), or "one government" deciding what is right
and what is wrong (even if your personal morality or religion teaches
differently)? Or even "one viewpoint" deciding which color of skin is
socially acceptable, and which should be exterminated (in the
generation of my parents, this was most apparent in Europe ... but it
is depressingly common in Africa today)?

This may sound like hyperbole, but these viewpoints are connected.
Take some responsibility for your own world view ... please! The
issues are *much* more important than whether *you* have to learn one
technology or many, and then choose between them. In the real world,
there is *no* such thing as the "one right answer" to all problems in
a particular domain -- the earlier you understand this reality, the
more productive you will be in your career (because there *are*
intelligent organizations, in every part of the globe, that reward
clear thinking over lemming-like behavior), and the more valuable will
be your contributions to your own culture, and to humanity as a whole.

Craig McClanahan

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.