>From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Hi
>
> Wrong list - Try the MyFaces list for questions regarding Tomahawk

Unless you are using Shale Clay, as Hermod stated, myfaces would be the best
community to ask tomahawk questions.

However, it looks like you are using Facelets, not that here is anything wrong
with
that :-(.

See my comments below:

> Hermod

You have a typo in your action.  I think you need "#{studentBean.choose}".

><t:commandLink id="command_link" action="#{sutendBean.choose}"
>immediate="true">
>    <h:outputText value="#{fee.fee}" />
>    <t:updateActionListener property="#{feeBean.fee}" value="#{fee}" />
></t:commandLink>
>

> In my faces_config.xml I have :
>
>    <navigation-rule>
>        <from-view-id>*</from-view-id>
>        <navigation-case>
>            <from-action>#{studentBean.choose}</from-action>
>            <from-outcome>success</from-outcome>
>            <to-view-id>/view/fee.xhtml</to-view-id>
>            <redirect />
>        </navigation-case>
>    </navigation-rule>
>

> Using Eclipse / Tomcat Debug when I enter in feeBean I can see that my
> property
> #{feeBean.fee} is set to null

The object "feeBean" must exist before you can assign the "fee" object from the
data table. There also needs to be a getFee() and setFee(FeeBean) on the
"feeBean".

> Are those steps correct ? Is that the way to have a master-detail redirection
> using these frameworks ?

Using the t:updateActionListener is a very good way to handle master-detail.
Trinidad has a similar action listener too.  It's such a good idea that it was
added to JSF 1.2.

Gary