>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Has anyone successfully integrated the Validator with Seam?? I've been trying
> do so, but the Validator tags are showing up in the source code of my page
> and
> not being interpreted.? I assume I'm missing something in my web.xml file??
> This
> is all I currently am including:

The shale-validator jar includes the startup context listener in the
/META-INF/validatord.tld.  You should not need the config in the web.xml as
long as the jar is in the classpath.

<snippet/>

If you want to use shale common validator, you will need the following
artifacts:

* shale-core
* shale-validator
* commons-validator 1.3.1
* oro 2.0.8 (for the mask rule)

The shale-validator library pom shows the dependencies [1].
There's an example in the shale-usecases [2] that might help.

I don't know how well shale-validator will play with Seam.  I have not tried it.
You are actually better off looking for client-side validators in rich component
libraries (i.e. Trinidad).  Shale's common validators tries to play with any
component library but still has some issues [3].

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/shale/framework/trunk/shale-validator/pom.xml?view=markup
[2]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/shale/framework/trunk/shale-apps/shale-usecases/src/main/webapp/validator/test.jsp?view=markup