Hi,

I had this weired issue, after integrating Shale Tiles with JSF and on
navigating to the layout page system throws up a blank page.  Versions I am
using are JSF1.2 RI & Shale Tiles 1.1.0.

My integration settings shown as below. Can some one review my settings and
let me know where I am going wrong. I did refer to some links over forums,
for others these settings seems to be working. Am kind of lost why I keep
seeing the blank output page.

1.web.xml  ( Added the required tiles setttings to web.xml)
---------
  <context-param>
        <param-name>definitions-config</param-name>
        <param-value>/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml</param-value>
    </context-param>

  <listener>
    <listener-class>
      org.apache.tiles.listener.TilesListener
    </listener-class>
  </listener>

2. tiles-defs.xml ( my tiles definition file content)

     <!DOCTYPE tiles-definitions PUBLIC
       "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Tiles Configuration 1.1//EN"
       "http://struts.apache.org/dtds/tiles-config_1_1.dtd";>

   <tiles-definitions>
    <definition name="/secondlayout" template="/WEB-INF/tiles/layout.jsp">
        <put name="header" value="/WEB-INF/tiles/header.jsp" />
    </definition>
   </tiles-definitions>

3.layout.jsp ( Template content)

<[EMAIL PROTECTED] uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-tiles"; prefix="tiles"%>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"; prefix="f"%>
<f:view>
  <head>
  <head>
   test
      <tiles:attribute name="header" flush="false"/> <!-- tiles
documentation talks about insertAtribute tag but that tag is not available
with tiles bundeled to shale.-->
</f:view>

4.header.jsp (  header content )
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"; prefix="f"%>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"; prefix="h"%>
        <h:outputText value="Test Header" />

5.faces-config.xml ( JSF mapping file defintion)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<faces-config
    xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee";
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-facesconfig_1_2.xsd";
    version="1.2">

        <application>

<view-handler>org.apache.shale.tiles.TilesViewHandler</view-handler>
        </application>

        <navigation-rule>
                <display-name>test</display-name>
                <from-view-id>/test.jsp</from-view-id>
                <navigation-case>
                        <from-outcome>success</from-outcome>
                        <to-view-id>/secondlayout.jsp</to-view-id>
                </navigation-case>
        </navigation-rule>

</faces-config>

With Thanks