Hello,

I am doing my first steps with Shale and ran into some problems with Shale Tiger. I think the @Property-annotation has the same semantics as the managed-property thing in the faces-config.xml. Main difference seems to be that @Property only supports non-null values whereas managed-property also has a subproperty "null-value". I had a look at the ManagedPropertyConfig.class in the Tiger source code and found out that there actually is also a nullValue-property for Tiger-Managed properties. But how can I tell with a @Property annotation that I want that property to start with a null value? I tried the following:

1.    @Property(name="newUser", value=null)
  private User newUser;

That doesn't work as java tells me that "value must be a constant expression".

2.     @Property(name="newUser", value="")
  private User newUser;

That doesn't work as shale searches for a converter from String to User but cannot find one. That results in a null pointer exception.

Maybe I am missing something but it seems that shale tiger is not able to work wih nullValue-properties if I'd like to define them using annotations.

I hope someone can help me find out how to use tiger here.

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards
Dominik

PS: I am sorry, if i sent this message twice to the user list.