I am trying to use Shale remoting to do AJAX calls from my JSF backing beans
for the first time.  I have previously used servlets for AJAX calls.  Shale
remoting is much better, but I am having a terrible time returning XML to
the javascript.  The XML always contains the special characters &gt, &lt,
&quot etc instead of the real characters which makes it impossible to parse
in the javascript.   I have tried everything I can think of to get the XML
returned without this characters.  I have the line :         ResponseWriter
writer =(new ResponseFactory()).getResponseWriter(context, "text/xml");  in
my faces bean.  I don't have this problem using servlets that uses the line
java.io.PrintWriter out=response.getWriter()  to return.   Can someone give
me a tip on how to get the pure XML that I can parse into the javascript?
Thanks