I dont have a Eclipse setup so I am not sure what is going on here. I would
try to use maven in the command line with a pom to see if this compiles.
Also, try to cleanup your system maven cache. Who knows if it had pulled in
a wrong version of kafka 0.8 and using it all the time. Blowing away the
cache and clean compiling will make sure the right kafka will be loaded.

Hope this helps.

TD