Since 1.0 is still in development you can pick up the latest docs in git:
https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/branch-1.0/docs

I didn't see anywhere that you said you started the spark history server?

there are multiple things that need to happen for the spark history server to
work.

1) configure your application to save the history logs - see the eventLog
settings here
https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/branch-1.0/docs/configuration.md

2) On yarn -  know the host/port where you are going to start the spark history
server and configure: spark.yarn.historyServer.address to point to it.  Note
that this purely makes the link from the ResourceManager UI properly point to
the Spark History Server Daemon.

3) Start the spark history server pointing to the same directory as specified
in your application (spark.eventLog.dir)

4) run your application. once it finishes then you can either go to the RM UI
to link to the spark history UI or go directly to the spark history server ui.

Tom