Apologies for the premature send.
----
Unfortunately, there is no API support for this right now. You could
implement it yourself by implementing your own receiver and controlling the
rate at which objects are "received". If you are using any of the standard
receivers (Flume, Kafka, etc.), I recommended looking at the source code of
the corresponding receiver and making your own version of Flume receiver /
Kafka receiver.

Alternatively, there is a open
JIRA<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-1341> about
this implementing this functionality. You could give it a shot at
implementing this in a generic that it can be used for all receivers ;)

TD

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 12:57 AM, Tathagata Das <tathagata.das1...@gmail.com